Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Randomness!

Its 1am and I'm so not sleepy! Being absolutely jobless has its downside and boredom is one of them! I've spent enough time stalking random people on fb; for once im actually updated on all the emails I have to write to various people and Bumblebee has a suuper busy workday!

I was going through some old docs on my emails & found this unfinished story. I generally suck at writing fiction; the whole balance between narration & active dialogues is something I never got the hang of completely...but i actually like this one...perhaps I should actually finish it! Now if I could only remember what direction the story was supposed to take!

The Jump - August 2008

"Matt, catch me okay? Promise me you'll catch me..." She giggled as she ran towards the tanker.

She was walking through swirls of fog, the cold mist clinging to her skin and clothes. She held out her hand and realized that she couldnt even see past in. It was almost like being in a steam room, albeit a cold one. Dark moonless nights like these were when the heroine in the book was always attacked.

"Oh snap out of it Sandy...there is nothing sinister about this place...in fact its almost magical!" She muttered under her breath.

Carefully stepping out of her shoes she started to climb the creaking ladder which would take her atop the tanker. She could hear Matt, Dave and his new girl-friend in the background. Their voices were being carried by the fog around her and though she couldnt see them, she was suddenly glad for their voices.

"Come on Sandy...I'm freezing my ass here...will you do it already!" she heard Dave complain.

Typical she thought. "Hold on will you - these steps are slipperly!"

Gingerly she climbed the steps and reached her destination. The top of the tanker. She stood up there, the swirls of fog beneath her, the twinkling city lights like a golden carpet beckoning her and she felt bliss. Pure untarnished bliss. She prepared to jump, poising herself on the very edge of the tanker.

"Matt, you're down there right? I'm jumping!!"

"Babe i'm here for you. I'm waiting." That was all the encouragement Sandy needed.

She jumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment