What is with moms & daughters?
Do all moms have this super possessive hold on their daughters?
Does being the mom of a young woman render you incapable of practical thought?
I dont understand you mom. I love u but I really don't understand you.
I'm engaged to him; we've made a commitment to each other...why would anything happen abhi? Why would I mess this up? Why would he? Yes I've tossed your idea of a typical arranged marriage but didn't you already know that about me? With my dreams and head in the air, how could I have ever settled for the staid & practical arranged marriage? I always wanted the spark, the chemistry & the magic. You knew that. And I got it. So why is this so terrifying to you mom? Why?
I wish you would realize that I'm happy and that it's okay for you to let go. I can hold on to life on my own now. And having him in my life does not diminish my love for you in any way. You'll always be my mom right? No one is taking that away from you. In fact you have someone else to call you mom!!!
Trust me for once, let me go and be happy for me....because I love him & I love you and I hate feeling torn between both of u!


No comments:
Post a Comment