You just know when u meet the right person; that he's the one for you.
When people used to say that to me, it would just piss me off. I would know; seriously?! Like would there be a bell that rang or a song that played or a whisper from God saying he's the one?! I just never could get it. And each time I liked someone, I waited for a sign from the universe; telling me that this was meant to be. Don't get me wrong, its not that I don't believe in destiny; let's just say that at times I didn't have very much faith in mine. And even tho I wasn't always waiting for the right person to walk past, I forever thought it would be nice to have someone sweep me off my feet na?Today, I'm with someone and u know what; all those bloody idiots were right - sometimes u do just know! And no it wasn't a bell or a song or even a whisper. In fact it wasn't even in the first meeting. We met in an ordinary circumstance on a normal day. Between parents & other family. We had been talking for some time and I thought I was fairly comfortable with him. The first meeting was good but awkward. I was trying not to say much (courtesy loads of advice from family to not be super chatty as guys apparently don't like such girls! *eyes rolling*) and he was just trying to figure me out! The first thing that struck me about what he said, was that he was looking for a partner in his life. And he couldn't find that person in a week. (sthin that's fairly atypical of most guys in the arranged marriage scenario) We spoke some more & even if he had no clue what he wanted by then; I knew I liked him. :) I had no clue whether it would even go anywhere further...and for once I didn't think beyond.
We met a few more times after and talked for a few more weeks. About everything & anything. I didn't even realize I was falling for him until that moment in a crowded club that I looked up into his eyes and then, I actually just knew. I knew that I wanted to be with this person who made me laugh; who made me comfortable enough to be myself around him; who teased me mercilessly about everything & anything; who listened; who loved life & had a passion for living; who was fun & easy to be with; who made my life that much brighter every day. I really just knew.
Whether it's the jolt of love at first sight; a sudden realization of a best friend that u actually love or like us; the slow creeping of love between two people; I can honestly say, that sometimes u just know when the person is right for you. :)
This is to u my sweetheart; and the many years of togetherness we have signed up for. :) *hugz*


No comments:
Post a Comment