Monday, January 20, 2014

Month Long Travels!

Phew! Its been a full month since we left for vacation! 5 cities & 3 different temperatures! Countless new experiences and new places seen! It has been amazing - sort of hard to even chronicle but I will attempt to as much as I can! :)

Dubai - oh the pleasure of being in a country closer to Asia! Even tho Dubai is so different culture wise from Indo or India...its probably similar in terms of lifestyle to what I grew up with. The convenience of drivers & the stark difference between the working class n service class. It really reminded me of home and made me realize how different US is. Traveling to one of these places & seeing it anew through my US-tinted glasses def made an impact. The city is modern beauty - with its gorgeous high rise buildings & city-like malls! Squashed amidst this modernity is also old Dubai with its gold souks, spice souks & local streets which are not so sophisticated & where the men just stare that much longer at a girl in shorts! lol. somethings will never change in some parts of the world i guess? *shrug*

The awesome part of Dubai was the extreme relaxation me & Bumblebee got to do! We would step out during the day, see a few things, come back exhausted n pass out for a few hours only to wake up starving, close to midnight n try to scrounge some dinner place! it was amazing! Ohhh and i looooove hotels in the Asian part of the world! Somehow any hotel I've been to in the US, isn't able to match the opulence & sheer comfort in that part of the world! Such bliss! :)

India - India was a mixed bag of emotions. The sister-in-laws wedding was sooo much fun! Just catching up with the whole family & getting to see a wedding from this side of the family. The days were long & the nights even longer with conversations stretching late into the night...only to wake up the next morning for more! It was really a wonderful time to be in India. The mixed bag was with dad's health complications. Even tho everything went off wonderfully well, there is now this fear planted (locked deep inside a chest in my heart coz i don't think I could survive & function everyday without) in my heart and just this slap-in-your-face realization that the parents are growing old. Missed V a lot. Wish he would have been there. Having Bumblebee was a godsend - i don't think i would have the courage to deal with everything otherwise!

But there were precious moments spent with my parents n with my in-laws which i will always treasure! And the best gift, having the sis in law a few house away in this part of the world! All which ended the trip on a happy note! :)

New York - was a trip of friends!! Meeting K after forever was sooooo good! I cannot believe its been 2 years since we met! Time really does fly when you are super involved in your own lives!! This time Bumblebee n her husband also bonded which was nice for us to both see! :) I am looking forward to such trips being planned for the rest of our lives with 1 n then 2 kinds in tow! ;) lol! *touchwood* And i also got to meet V! I met him at our wedding last & that really does not count! He is still the same boy i remember from col altho he professes to have grown up! i do miss him n it was amazing to hang out with him!

Of course the weather in NY was the warmest when I was there - I have like the worst luck when it comes to seeing snow!! :( There were teeny tiny flurries one of the evenings when we were at Rockefeller center & I was just left thinking how awesome it would be if it actually snowed!! Ohh and we finally did the walk to Central Park! I finally saw all the awesome places in the park where they keep shooting films! It was very pretty but I bet is even prettier in the summer/ fall! It was overall a really fun trip!! :)

Phew - it was an amazing trip! Leaving you with a pic of how I felt throughout the month!! :D



2 comments:

  1. One month of vacation! Isn't that the best thing about living outside India? I can never imagine my boss giving me a month long break :P

    Travel sounds great, sunshine! And oh Bumblebee is such a cool name ;)

    The picture in the end makes me happy for you. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes thats true! u should just tell your boss u need a sabbatical & take off for a few months! :D traveling is good for the soul after all! :)

      lol yes i love the nickname bumblebee....so apt for him! :)

      Delete