Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Kind Of Love That Saves You

I started to re-read this book. It's been one of my favorites ever since I got hold of it agess back. It's the story of this woman who loses her husband while she is pregnant and how she fights the grief of losing him to learn to live again for her daughter. It's a beautiful book, written amazingly well.

I started reading the prologue;
Every persons journey is touched by loss. At some point in this life, someone will be taken away from you. The place where they were....empty. What you hoped might be....gone. Grief will reach in and wrap its roots tightly around your heart. You'll believe the pain will end you.

And I couldn't go on. Maybe now that I have someone to potentially lose, I can't read on. A shiver runs through my spine just imagining what it would be like to lose so much. I can't even imagine. It's beyond my capacity to think.

I love you bumblebee. Stay safe. I wonder if my life could possibly go on without you? And then I just pray I never ever have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment